Friday, August 7, 2009

rachel & brad




rachel and brad got engaged right outside of gramercy park in manhattan....and so it was only fitting that we shoot their engagement session in the park. gramercy park is one of only two remaining private parks in new york city. members of a few clubs and residents that live in buildings facing the park may buy a key to the park.

while i waited for rachel and brad to arrive with their key, a man in the neighborhood was intrigued by my camera and told me he would let me in. i said 'sure...why not?' he told me he was not going to tell me his name because he wasn't supposed to allow me in...flashing him a big grin i said that was ok because i wasn't going to tell him my name either...

of course once he left with the key, i was locked in...

i love that rachel was able to squeeze this expression out of brad...


i heart squishy kiss face...


once rachel and brad arrived i was no longer locked in.

below, they are actually locked in as i stood outside the gate with the key demanding them to stand right there while i took 'one more shot'....



the nameless man actually came back to make sure that my 'people' had shown up...

...he didn't want me to be locked in.



2 comments: